Wish you were here

This one has to be quick. I have been lazy this last days and tonight i want to go over some more Russian lessons. I got a gift today, it was a song called "Heart half full" by Ty Herndon. It's a song about a lost love in the day of separation. I guess it's difficult to know how to conduct one self in those moments. Men are particularly unwise and always end up doing the wrong things. I know i will. I am in the middle of one of those situations, just not in the day of saying goodbye. And we will never can do. We have a daughter. 

Unlike the song i know my way. I don't have any doubts about what to do. But, like the song, i also didn't wanted how things turned out. When i married i felt it was forever. It won't be. People change and go different ways. They start by changing how they see the world and end up in different ones.

Strangely (or not) i also got another song last week. It's by George Strait, and already talked about it last Friday. It's about my kind of love, the one i gave. Then i found one thing, it's not enough to give that, you must get it back also. I know it sounds selfish, but it's true. If it's not like that you will end up putting much more than what you get back and people will start to get you for granted. After they will abuse you, they will loose respect for you because they cant't love you like you can love them.

   

It took me more years than those i like to remember to learn that. One of my faults is being stubborn, and i guess it was one of those situations. Another song that got into my mind last night, and stayed there, is "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd. I had just forgot about it, but, last night, i was killing a little time alone answering some music questions when it crossed my path. 

When i think of it maybe it's not so strange...

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes, you are right. And it's not even sound selfish... True if you give love you should get it back to accomplish the sense. Otherwise the whole world will seem encomlete to you....

Popular Posts