Being selfish

I am looking at this screen for some hours now. I need to write, i want to write, but i just wandered through MySpace, Facebook, Hi5 and all my feeds, even my mail today where quiet. I just had one real problem to solve, so i guess it was an easy day. The only interesting thing i had to do was to prepare an interview to a journal. They want to make a piece on the company i work for, specifically, in the work i am doing for that company. It's good to be recognized by those in the same field.

I haven't placed a post since five days now. It's just too much time. I have been doing some upgrades (and downgrades) in my laptop to get a webcam working with Skype. I must say i do have a very strange setup, it's a Gentoo AMD64 box running in 64bits. I guess i was asking for trouble since the beginning, but i like the challenge. So, the weekend was for this process.

Now i am listening to Rolling Stones, i listen a lot to music. I must have some kind of soundtrack to be able to function correctly, to setup my pace. This headphones are also very helpful, they are very comfortable, the PlayStation Portable type. The song i am listening is "Anybody seen my baby", next is going to be "Angie". They are some of my Stones favorites.

I didn't liked The Stones except for those two songs. I even heated Mick Jagger. It was just impossible for me to look at his face performing. Now i can listen to them, even like some songs, and recognize them as one of the most important rock bands of all time. I am listening to my music collection one song at the time, grouped by artist with no special order. After Rolling Stones will be Talking Heads. Let's see what tomorrow will bring with that soundtrack...

Getting back to Mick Jagger, i didn't liked him and now i can recognize them. I know this as to do with me growing up. And yes, i am still growing and learning everyday. There was a time when i had problems with expressing my most personal feelings. I even had problems accepting them. I am working on that and i can say i am much better now. I still carry a lot of reservations, but at least i can level with myself on those matters.

One of the problems of trying to be too good is really that. You just end up in a world that doesn't exist, trying to solve everybody problems, respecting others more than yourself. One thing i learned, people don't want just more that a little you can give them, sometimes they just want more of what you need and less of what you can give them. And, of course, it's even good for you. I didn't liked Jagger because he was selfish and showed it in your face. Now i know you must (sometimes) be selfish and publicize that.

Comments

Popular Posts