Tunnel and Hans Reiser



I am a little upset this week. This guy just made me get so mad at him. For those who don't know, he is the main developer, and the core of the whole system, of the ReiserFS. ReiserFs is the file system that i use in my Linux machine. This Hans character went to Russia some years ago looking for developers for his company, Nemesys, and got himself a wife, Nina.

Nina disappeared last year after a bitter divorce case. He was charged with her murder. They had two kids that are living with the grandparents in Russia. No body was ever found, no nothing. Just a lot of suspicions. He was in court for six months and the verdict was last week. He was found guilty and got a 25 to life sentence.

ReiserFS was the work of a genius, it was fast and reliable. It saved my laptop ate least twice. The last time i got it working for 8 days before it refused to start after four close high speed close encounters with my head. My wife thought it was good idea to play tennis using the laptop and a little round thing on the top of my neck. I had to rebuild the whole file system during the night. Didn't lost anything. Try to do that with another file system. Now i will have to change, format the whole disk and compile the whole Gentoo system. It's going to take more than a week.

I don't understand why this guy, a genius, had to do such mistakes. First he marries a girl by catalog, then he divorces her and kills her. Then he does all things right to conceal the crime, even made up some fantasy story to cover up. He gets charged and just looses the case because his lawyer get him to stand for several days answering all details of the story he made up. Of course, no one believed him. He just had to shut up to get away with it.

It made me remember something that happened to me this year. My car was stolen some years ago, my brother was using it. It was recovered a week after in another town. Me, my brother and two police men had to go to court testify against one of guy that had stolen it. First the earring was set to 9.30am. It was 11.00 and no sign of the defendant and his lawyer. The judge called us in, told us that he was trying to call the mobile phone of the lawyer, but without success and asked us to wait a little more. After 30 minutes more he called us again to his office and called the lawyer in front of us. This time he answered and told he needed 30 minutes more to get to court and was bringing the defendant with him, so we waited for them.

We stayed outside waiting for our turn to talk. The first one was the defendant, but we didn't knew what he said. When it was my turn i said i didn't have seen anything, i didn't knew him, nothing. His lawyer then goes and ask me if the car was easy to steel. I told him that probably was, because it was stolen twice. then he insisted if i new that it only needed to use something and make that to steal the car. I was expecting that, so i looked at him, smiled and i asked him if i looked like someone that know how to steal cars. Everybody started laughing and he turned red.

After came both police men. To come to the point, no one had ever seen the defendant inside the car, there was no finger prints that could prove he was inside the car, nothing. But is very smart lawyer told him to go the judge and say that he had driven the car but didn't knew it was stolen. Well, there was no key and they just broke the lock to stole it. He got convicted because of his lawyer. He just had to shut up and go free.

I hate lawyers like those. I believe that all of us deserve a fair trial. One can't have a fair trial with a lawyer like this. Justice isn't served like this. Police must do his job, find proofs of the wrong doing, lawyer should defend and the judges should make decisions and enforce them.

Comments

Kristi said…
i love that picture but do you see the bright light ?
Anonymous said…
This is Typical Linux Behavior. Commit a crime and blame it on everyone else. Never take responsibility for your actions. Do you really want us to believe that an innocent man is going to get railroaded by the system? We have the best legal system in the world. Name me a better one. Whats that? That's the sound of silence! No wonder I see sites like PromotingLinux.com dispelling the myths.

Popular Posts