Curses

I have been cursed many times. My mother, my father, brothers and even my wife, they all tell me the same, i will end up alone. I don't believe in curses, but it bothers me that they think that. I really try to be a nice guy, not to get into trouble and be as low profile as i can. I am always ready to help, i even do things that i shouldn't, things that are not so smart, just because they ask me. So, why i will end up alone?

I do have a temper sometimes. I loose it a lot when it comes to making people understand what i am trying to say. I get into panic when i see an accident ready to happen and no one caring about it. Another of my big defects is that i care too much about what is going to happen. I often ear that i only should worry after we have something to solve.

I can't agree less. I believe, like Sun Tzu, that one must only battle after victory as been achieved. For that we must prepare before the armies are in from of each other. That i can't make people understand. I imagine when they have someone to do that is very easy not to care, not to loose nights preparing for the what/ifs. But, if i do all of that, why i will end up alone. Don't they care about me? I can imagine they do, i will assume they do. So, if they care about me, why i will end up alone?

One day i read something about an Asian curse, it was something like: "May you always get all that you want".

It doesn't sound like a curse, but is a very effective one, i know, i tried it once.

I was working for a group of factories, i was there for two months only. One day i received a call from the front desk, asking me to call the responsible for that department. I was the one, and the girl calling knew i was the one. I asked what she was talking about. Then she told me that one person was saying that he was the boss there. I hangup and gave myself a minute to think about it. When i was thinking a friend came to tell me that the other guy was saying that and i needed to take some action. I told him i wouldn't do anything. It wasn't the time, but he must be assured that a lesson was going to happen.

That group was into some heavy restructuring and i was i charge of several locations. In one of those locations we lost the local responsible. I needed to find one quickly inside the group. My first thought was that guy. He was telling that he could, that he was the boss! I talked to the administration, they didn't wanted to promote him. They thought he was not up to it. I new he wasn't also, but it was my call, so they accepted it. I called the guy and told him the good news. He was so scared. When is dream came true, he got so scared i just wanted to laugh. I told him that he should be fine, i would help him. After three weeks i managed to convince him to accept what he always wanted. Then he went, worked more, became loyal to me, he had to, or would fail, and i got rid of a problem. Why this curse works? Easy, people always are full of vanity. They want more than what they can handle. And to be able to handle their dreams they change and become miserable.

I am not saying not to dream and not be have ambition. What i say is that one must learn before achieving the goals we set upon. That's also why happiness is a path, not a destination.

So, again, why i will end up alone ?

They tell me that because i don't have more ambitions than those i can live with. Because my ambition is always in the future and always dependent on my learning and preparation. Because i can't accept getting the right before earning it. I will end up alone because almost no one can understand that is not here and now that matters, it's tomorrow that we must prepare to make better. It's tomorrow that we must make. Living for the present will bring only moments, not happiness.

And people don't want to be reminded of tomorrow, they just want today. They can't handle it, except for those small things, material ones mostly. For those i don't care much, for those i only think of the present (and maybe the next days). My problem, the one that will make me alone and miserable when i will be old is that, I don't care about those things. The other problem is that i have the annoying habit of trying to make people understand that there is a better way. They don't believe that, and they don't care. I can see their future, they don't want to. I guess most people don't ever get all they want. That's why we don't have more lunatics. But one thing we do have. The most advanced one country is, the more easy life is, the more fulfilled people have, the more psychiatric problems they have.

Of course the problem is not to have goals, the problem is the goals we have and the things we must do to get there. The problem are the priorities in life. If we get them right, we should be fine, otherwise we will just ask for more than we can handle. And we do that. That's why the Asian curse works and i am not afraid of being alone. I also know i won't, just won't be with someone like those.

Comments

Popular Posts