Paulo Coelho

I never read anything from Paulo Coelho, but i do like him a lot. Why? You may think. Easy, because is an hacker, well at least some kind of free person. Hacking is all about freedom, all kinds of freedom. Again i must use Tolstoi, he also talks about freedom and the necessity. I do agree with him when he says there is no complete freedom, there is always some degree of necessity. The point of hacking in not denying necessity, is putting limits on necessity.

Today all people is worried about law enforcement, how far can we go to preserve one's way of life. Today all people is worried about profit, how much can they make from the work of others.

That sort of things implies restraints on one's freedom. I can agree that my freedom is always restrained by the environment and my relations with others, but i can't agree that my freedom should be restrained by some paranoia, by some concept of social organization imposed by a few. I know that this sort of things wont last.
I can't also agree that is a good thing to always reinvent the wheel so the profit of a few can be maintained "ad eternum". I do thing authors should be protected, but knowledge should be free.

That's why i like Paulo Coelho, he managed against is own editor to profit from his works and also made his knowledge free. That's why he's an hacker.

Comments

Popular Posts