Everybody should die

The value of things that life gives us is always underestimated. Things we cherish the most are often the the less important. Our lives are passed running from one important quest to the next. We tend to only miss what what we have lost. I was like that, a lot like that, and i think most of us are, even without noticing.

This happened in Biskek. I was working there, teaching quality control in a factory. One sunday afternoon, 4 years ago next month, was spent on the outside of a restaurant, with a very nice weather of 27ºC. Biskek is about 5.000 km from home and 5 hours difference. Where i live we are near the sea, and the weather is not used to extremes.The next day when i went to work, the guy that picked me up, his name is Islam, told me that i should get a heavier jacket. I didn't imagined what was coming, so i didn't changed.

It was 11.00 in the morning when Svetelana called us all to see the snow. It was -5ºC and at the evening was -10ºC. I got sick, very sick. The next days i got worst, i couldn't even climb three steps without loosing my breath. I didn't wanted people worrying about me home, so i didn't told anyone over the phone, in all those days, how i was.

On the third day, in the evening, i was so bad that i just, quietly, said goodbye to some of my friends. Then i went to bed without knowing if i was going to wake next morning or not. In my mind, said goodbye to my baby daughter and closed my eyes.

Next morning, woke up sick as hell, feeling in heaven. Guess it was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was then taken to the hospital. Me, Islam and Acacio, where in the best of moods, we waited and i was seen by an old kirgiz doctor. She then sent me to what she said "was the best doctor for respiratory diseases in Kirgistan". We went an passed ahead everyone else. Got a second examination, some x-rays and a treatment. I also got to know that it was the second pneumonia i had (guess the first one was cured with an overdose of
aspirin and paracetamol in a 8 hour flight over the Atlantic, where i just emptied the airplane's pharmacy). Islam when to get the medicines, it was three bottles, half a liter each, of antibiotics to be delivered intravenously. Took the first one that day and the others one each of the following days. I was sent home with the promise i would be very careful and eat a lot and... The doctor was afraid i didn't resisted treatment.
The other two days i went to the hospital in the morning and worked after the treatment.

The day i went to sleep changed me. I know now that every moment is a gift from life, i don't want to loose any day, hour or second. I just want to embrace every instant, it's always irrecoverable. Some people go trough life fighting. Living shouldn't be fighting, we must embrace and receive all that life gives us, everything is a blessing. Being alive is a blessing. We must use our time here to learn and become better persons.

I also learned a few more things whit all of these experiences. Learned what really was important for me, and for whom i was really important. That is always going to be a part of me. I now know what are my values, what i need and what i will miss. I also learned who will miss me and why.

Never told all this story before, i just couldn't, nobody was listening with enough attention to make it worthwhile. Live life, cherish every moment, they are single, don't fight, embrace life. That's all i can say.

Comments

Popular Posts