Sway

I love this song. I have it on my mobile to wake me in the morning. I just let it ring several times. Several times the entire song. It remembers me of things that will make my day worth the troubles I'm into.


This version is from Dark City. In this film a strange breed of aliens are looking for the essence of being human, conduction a series of more strange experiences on a lab in space. They have one special power, they can bend reality to their will. They can change the world people live in just by thought. And they also manipulate memories.

Today I am alone, surrounded by photos of a life I remember of living, but feels like another person was there. I guess you can call it growing, but in this case I think it's more. I can also imagine a lot of people saying I am talking like this because of, well, because it's me I am talking about, but I remembered only after I saw the photos again. It was my life, I was there, I have photos to prove it. And somehow it's not me, I wasn't there. I don't connect to the process of growing from one person to the other. I lost my years in between. I lived them, but I lost them in another person.

As the aliens can change memories from one person to other, I want to be able to change reality by mental power. I guess I need to make it the hard way, by will power and sweat. It's easy to get memories back, just take photos and years after you will remember again. But to get a life back, you need more than photos. You need to be you. You need to find one self, and work the junk out of your way, out of you.

You also need to get lost. You need to get lost in someone else. Just look into another face and forget all. If you can find yourself in another person, after you lost yourself, I guess you can be happy.

Comments

Popular Posts