Anonymous comments

This is an update on my Reiser article. I felt the need for this because of two reasons, the first is that Hans Reiser lead the authorities to a body, that he claims to be his wife, in order to get a reduced sentence. The second was a comment. I must say a love arguments. I even push, sometimes, my opinions a little too far just to get feedback, but a have a special place in my heart for Anonymous comments. I got this one:

"This is Typical Linux Behavior. Commit a crime and blame it on everyone else. Never take responsibility for your actions. Do you really want us to believe that an innocent man is going to get railroaded by the system? We have the best legal system in the world. Name me a better one. Whats that? That's the sound of silence! No wonder I see sites like PromotingLinux.com dispelling the myths."

My reply is as follow:


Dear Anonymous,

I would like to express my gratitude for your insightful comment. I must say that i completely agree with you when you say that is my article tries to be in tune with what you call "Typical Linux Behavior". I do try to respect everyone's freedom and the right to a proper justice. Of course i don't want you to believe Hans Reiser was innocent, he was convicted, but i don't feel the need to convict him outside the proper place, outside the court rooms and the law.

Regarding the legal system, i must point out that i am Portuguese, a very old and democratic nation. Our legal system has some glitches, as i point out, but i don't imagine you being Portuguese. Then, correct me if i am wrong, our legal system is not really ours, it's your legal system, the one that is the best in the world. I must say i have a problem with the "best" when it's an excuse for not trying to achieve a "better". Even if your's is the "best" i am pretty sure it can be made "better".

About the site PromotingLinux.com, i had a very good laugh there, i do recommend it and i think it's very revealing that you call a site "Promoting Something" and then do the opposite. I guess that's what you mean by "taking responsibility for your actions"

My best regards,

Paulo

Comments

Anonymous said…
"We have the best legal system in the world. Name me a better one. Whats that? That's the sound of silence!"

Seriously! The absolute arrogance of your post. How is your legal system better in any way than say for example the EU countries? Canada? Austrailia? New Zealand? ( I appologise to other countries not mentioned, but I think about 30 countries is enough for my point!)

I think the fact that you have the Patriot Act says alot about your legal system.

You really come across as flag waving idiot who clearly knows nothing outside of his own country.

Popular Posts