80´s

Today was very funny. A friend who was lost for some weeks came to MSN life. The news is that she married. She found a guy in vacations and less than a month latter she´s married. It made me very happy. She deserves that.

I also managed to get the pictures and musics all sorted to my daughter´s end of school year party. It was my brother in law birthday. So, again, dinner with friends.

After dinner i went to the next door bar to take an expresso. They where listening to "Golden Brown" from "The Stranglers". I was a surprise and i told the girl that. She told me that they compiled a CD with a lot of 80´s hits and they where listening to them. We started to talk about music and i went home with a copy of the CD. I am listening to it now as i am writing.

There are many memories in those songs of when life was easy, even if it didn´t seamed like that.

On of the song is "Mary´s prayer" from "Danny Wilson". I just remembered a time where there where only two discos near by. One was in the basement of an hotel near the beach. I spent the summer in a town about 5km away and there wasn´t a direct road connecting both. I remembered coming back home alone at 5am, after the disco had closed, on foot by the beach. It was the fastest way and the best way.



I guess i had a ended up with having a very nice day.

Comments

Popular Posts