My old friends are old !

I usually don´t take track of concerts, that´s why i almost never end up going. When i find there is something i want to attend, it´s sold out. That was the case of Linkin Park in Rockin Rio Lisboa last night. So, you can imagine my surprise when, literally, two ticket landed in my lap thursday at 23.30 for m to try to sell them. I looked at the tickets, saw the date, and run to the net to check if they where for Linkin Park. Lisbon is 350km from where i live at the concert started at 1.00am.

I started calling friends to see if someone wanted to come with me. I continue next morning. My younger brother even sent mails to all of his friends. The results where very interesting. They all had some kind of problem, work, wife, kids, a wall to build in the garden... You name it.

They just are old, all of them !

One of my friends, she´s pregnant, was even attending a afternoon session of the "Sex in the city" with another pregnant girl. What can be older than a movie about fulfilling the fairy tale marriage at 50 after lots of anoretical diets, lots of surgery, lots of makeup and lots flashy clothing. And now my wife wants me to take her to see Madona in September !

The fact is that i went alone last night, left at 18.30 and got home at 6.30. And the only thing i lost was my voice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Paulo,my name is Monica. I'm italian and I was looking for some photos or video of the Linkin Park in Lisboa on the net and I find your blog. I can well comprehend you. I had the same problem. Who wants to come with me in Lisboa form italy for the concert?....noone. so that I flight alone to lisboa on thursday morning,I met a friend from madrid to the airport, saw two evening of concerts and come back saturday morning to italy. the concert of Linkin park was GREAT, UNBELIEVABLE!!! It was a beautiful experience....and I'm happy to see that there is somone crazy like me :)
ciao ciao Monica
Paulo said…
If i just meet you in Lisbon ;) Then it would made two crazy ones. if you ever come to Portugal again give me a call.
Anonymous said…
:) if I ever come to portugal again i surely will give you a call, i love portugal, it's a wonderful country. did you see videos of the concert on utube? wow! ciao Monica
Paulo said…
yes i did, and updated the blog also
if i go to italy, which i love too, where can i find you?
Anonymous said…
it's just that nobody wanted to tell you linkin park sucks. especially if you're over 25.
;-)
Paulo said…
I am over 25. I guess i an just about the same age as the people from Linkin Park. And i like to think we have similar interests, environment, fighting war and the transition from romantic to pragmatical relationship paradigms.

Popular Posts