A day to remember

I have my mobile phone set up with two alarms in the morning. One for 7.00 and other for 7.30. I always need an hour to get ready for a new day. Today it started very badly. The alarm shouted at 7.00, I woke up but was so tired I decided to roll the other way for a little more. I have been working home on a new site and only went to bed at 4.00 am. I woke at 8.16. If the alarm was working I don't remember. The point is that I have scheduled swimming at 8.00 Tuesdays and Fridays, and I missed one.

I love to swim, the peaceful sound of the warm water passing in your head works miracles for me. And I need the exercise three times a week (I also go on Sundays, but I don't have an hour booked), it's the only time I have to get my ass out of a chair.

Because I was late and tired I just rolled over again, not thinking was I was doing. The result was that I woke up late. A lot late. I had a quick shower and opened the room windows. It was snowing this morning. The last time I saw snow, real snow like today, here where I live, was like 20 years ago. I just smiled, I couldn't stop smiling. Later I was driving for work smiling again just because of that gentle, small snow falling.

It was funny because the day before I had to make a text about the Winter, for that site I am working on, and I wasn't getting in the mood. At some point I started talking with a friend in a far away land and asked for help. That came in the form of pictures of a snowman. I remember envying the snow. And today I get snow here. I know, not enough to make a snowman, but it was snow.

Yesterday I managed to make the text and today I kept working on the site, not much, because I am waiting for some graphics for our designer. I worked on the domain setting and stuff like that. After dinner I updated my Linux machine with a new kernel. While I was working I was listening to Katy Cheova, she's a Russian singer that I like, until I got bored and started looking for more songs. I wanted something that I didn't listened for a long time.

Now I am listening to Dire Straits and remembering some younger days where life was easy, even if I didn't thought so at the time. Where my main concern was holding a girl in my arms during a slow dance. Yes, I am that old. My early teenage Saturdays where spent dancing in my friends houses at the sound of Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Rod Stewart. It was also the time where U2 sang "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" in all charts. Later I developed a more heavy and less mainstream taste for music, but I still find "Sultans of swing" a refreshing song.

One thing I never lost was a strong love for songs that tell a story. That's why I listed to exhaustion the first album from Bon Jovi. They had great stories. I remember being mocked for listening to some band of hairy guys that had an album called "Slippery when wet" with photos of the workers of a Canadian brothel washing cars. By the way, one of the songs featured some strange monkey like sounds and was called "Living on a prayer". The monkey sound didn't helped much to my reputation. Another problem was listening loud to "Social Disease" with my mother home. In the beginning of the song the girls from the photos gave a little help recording some very nice girlie sounds. Now it's time for "I'd die for you". It's difficult to express how much that song made me what I am now. I really believe that one should die for the love of our life.

After it's "Never say goodbye", a good song to finish this post, it's about remembering teenage days and school love.

Comments

Popular Posts