Christmas gift

It was Christmas eve. I was in bed relaxing a morning sleep. I got a phone call in my mobile. I have the very bad habit of sleeping with it in my bed side table. Anyway, it was work. Some emergency i had to sort out because it's not Christmas everywhere, in this case it was Turkey. I got up and went to the office. After some mails and phone calls i was able to know a little more that i new before. I had to wait for lunch break to end to know anything valuable. Almost no one was working in Portugal, and certainly none in our company. I had to get some food while i waited. I didn't had any breakfast.

There is a small place in front of our office where i get my morning coffee. It's a place where the market workers go. Sometimes, when i am having my coffee they are already eating their lunch. At Wednesdays they open as soon as 2 in the morning. I know that because i had to work late and even, sometimes, all night.

I went to that place, sat at the counter and asked for some food. They got me one of the two choices for the day. I eat all of it, i was starving. The woman serving came to me and was going to ask if i liked it, when she saw the empty plate, she din't. Instead she just told me "Of course you liked it, you are one of ours."

That was my Christmas gift.

Comments

Popular Posts