Funeral

Last week i attended a funeral. It was a friend of my family. The last person that still called me by my kid's name. He was simple person, one of his the most notable aspects was the hands. They where big hands, working hands, used to handle chemicals and dirt. They where also hands that could easily kill a chicken or gently place an egg back into the nest.

My friend was a simple person, but he lived as if he knew something very important. He was always balanced and happy. He had cancer, but you couldn't tell from talking to him. For him a disease was just part of life, something that one must embrace and learn to accept.

I tell again, he was a simple person, a textile worker that supported his family with two minimum wage jobs and loved to work the land, but he was also a great person. Just as an example, during the memorial service the priest never stopped crying.

He was great because he knew how to live a complete life.

Comments

Popular Posts